Minnesota Valley strives to provide exceptional service at the lowest cost to our members. Here is some more information about our rates and charges.
Single-Phase Service Rate
Monthly Availability Charge: $20.00 per month
Monthly Energy Charge
The first 700 kWhs per month @ $0.1163 per kWh. Over 700 kWhs per month @ $0.0974 per kWh.
Electric Heat Rates
- Electric heat is sub-metered and billed at special low rates.
- Rates are capable of lowering heating costs up to 40%.
Dual Heat Rate is $0.044 per kWh, October-April and $0.074 per kWh, May-September
- Consumer must have permanently wired electric heat capable of heating an entire building.
- Consumer must have an automatic fossil fuel backup capable of heating an entire building.
- Consumer must agree to use electric heat for 100% of their heating needs, all the time.
Electric Heat Rate is $0.048 per kWh, October-April and $0.078 per kWh, May-September
- Any permanently wired-in electric heat qualifies.
- No backup is required.
- Deposit Fee $200
- Account Transfer Fee $5
- Connection Fee $25
- Reconnect Fee during business hours $100
- Delinquent Charge of 1.5% on past due balances
- Collection Fee (Trip Charge) $50
- Returned Check Charge $20
- Disconnect Notice Fee $20
Sales Tax Exemptions
If you heat your home with electric heat, that energy can be sales tax exempt during the winter months. You can also claim an agricultural sales tax exemption. Contact Minnesota Valley Office Department at 320.269.2163 or 800.247.5051.